Where: North Hills Art Center – 3432 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
When: March 11th – April 7th, 2023
Opening Reception: Saturday, March 11, 2023, 5 – 8 pm
Chairperson: Katie Bulova: firstname.lastname@example.org and Debbie Penley: email@example.com
Entry Deadline: January 9, 2023
The Member Spotlight show will focus on your artist’s voice. What captures the spirit of your art practice? This is a chance to share YOUR passion, your unique point of view. What has influenced your work over the years? How has it changed? Was there a turning point that brought you to the way you work today? A technique with which you are obsessed? What is your relationship to your art? This exhibit is a chance to let all of our members’ individuality take center stage.
This is a non-juried exhibition, however, one artwork per artist may be selected depending on space.
Exhibition Duration: Mar. 11, 2023 – Apr. 7, 2023
Entry Deadline: January 9, 2023
Confirmation of entry: February 9, 2023
Drop off of work:
North Hills Art Center
3432 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15237
SHIPPED WORK: if shipping, contact Katie Bulova for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for shipping: March 1, 2023
Drop Off Artwork: Mar. 9 &10, 2023, 3 – 6 pm
Opening Reception: March 11, 2023, 5 – 8 pm
Pick up Artwork: April 10, 2023, 3 – 6 pm
Exhibition hours will be announced.
- Open to members of the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh.
- All work must be either fiber in content or executed in a fiber technique.
- Work must be original and cannot have been exhibited in a previous FGP member exhibition.
- Entries must be ready to securely hang or install and any required hardware must be included. The North Hills Art Center utilizes a wall hanging system with hanging cables and hooks. Work may not be hung directly onto the wall. No work that requires being hung from the ceiling.
- Submissions cannot exceed 36” in any direction. 3D work welcome.
- As the North Hills Art Center facilitates classes throughout the week to all age levels, the gallery requests no images of nudity of a sexual nature, graphically violent or depicting gore, no use of or depiction of illegal substances.
UP to two entries will be accepted.
SALE OF ARTWORK
- Commission on sales: 70% to the artist and 30% to North Hills Art Center
- Work will be selected from digital image submissions.
- Selection will be based on which pieces fit in the space cohesively. At least one piece from each artist will be placed in the main gallery. Extra entries chosen may be displayed in the second-floor gallery classroom. The second-floor gallery space is not wheelchair accessible
- An artist’s statement is requested of all selected artists.
- Artists may submit two entries. Each entry must include two images:
Image 1: full view of your submission
Image 2: detail
Images must show the edges of the work, be properly lit and in focus.
- Work exhibited in a frame must include the frame in the digital image. Work framed under glass must be photographed without glass but noted that it will be displayed with glass.
- Provide digital images at a resolution of approx. 2000 pixels on the longest side. Files must be under 3MB. Filename for each image must include:
1) artist’s last name and first initial
2) entry number (1or 2),
3) key word(s) from title (1 or 2 words only )
4) view (full or detail) for each image.
jones-m-1-bluecircle-full.jpg and jones-m-1-bluecircle-detail.jpg
NOTE: High resolution digital images will be requested of accepted
artwork for the catalog.
For assistance with submission requirements, please contact Debbie Penley @
- DEADLINE: January 9, 11:59 pm. Submission entry opens October 10, 2022
- A $20 non-refundable entry fee for up to 2 entries
- PayPal is available on the website or you may make a check payable to the Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh and send to Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh, PO. Box 9211, Pittsburgh, PA 15224
The Fiberarts Guild of Pittsburgh will exhibit the utmost care for the safekeeping of all artworks while in the North Hills Art Center Gallery. It is up to the individual artists to insure their artwork if they feel it is necessary. North Hills Art Center will not be held responsible for damaged or stolen artwork.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Katie Bulova: email@example.com or Debbie Penley: firstname.lastname@example.org